Robert C. Baldwin, CMRP
Business Communications Specialist
Box 756, Palatine IL 60078 Telephone (224) 578-0822
Editor, writer, business magazine manager, and Web site developer
in the plant engineering, industrial maintenance and operations, and engineered construction
markets. Effective communicator through print, electronic media, and public
● Developed editorial concept and managed design for a number of technical business
publications, including Maintenance Technology magazine.
● Broad experience editing articles, magazines, handbooks, reports, directories,
and special publications.
● Peter Lisagore
Award for business-financial or trade press editing from The Headline Club Chicago Chapter of the Society of Professional
Journalists/Sigma Delta Chi and eleven awards for editorial excellence from Plant Engineering magazine.
● Professional experience in all phases of magazine and publication management:
writing, editing, and electronic pagination; production; market research; and author, advertiser, and supplier relations.
● Managed technical staff and editorial production staff for twice-monthly technical
business magazine circulating 150-page issues to over 100,000 managers and engineers.
● Effective communicator in a range of media: Articles, reports, handbooks, editorials,
● Jesse H. Neal editorial achievement recognition
from American Business Press for the article "Microcomputers and Software for Plant Engineering" published in Plant Engineering magazine.
Internet/World Wide Web
● Developed concept and structure for the Maintenance
Technology magazine site www.mt-online.com.
● Keynote speaker, session leader, conference speaker, and seminar instructor.
● Presentations before company and industry groups, including General Motors Corp.,
Alcan Smelters and Chemicals, Ford Motor Co., Baxter Healthcare, Association of Iron and Steel Engineers, Texas Chemical Council,
Finnish Maintenance Society, Pan American Federation of Engineering Societies, European Maintenance Conference, and International
● Founding editor of Maintenance Technology magazine.
● Founding member of the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals
● Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP)
● Senior and managing editor of Plant Engineering magazine.
● B.S. Technical Journalism and B.S. Civil Engineering, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS.
● Robert C. Baldwin, P. O. Box 756, Palatine, IL
578-0822; e-mail rcbaldwin@EDTRON.com, Internet www.EDTRON.com